- 1 large aubergines
- 500g of Greek style yoghurt
- 2-3 garlic cloves – crushed
- 1 lime – juiced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon malt vinegar
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper – to taste
- 1L oil – for frying
Frying the aubergine:
- Peel the aubergine and slice into 1cm thick circular slices.
- On a clean flat surface press each slice in between kitchen towels to remove any excess water before frying.
- Deep-fry the slices on both sides until brown then remove from the oil. Dry the slices on kitchen towels.
Yoghurt dressing recipe:
- Pour Greek style yoghurt into a large bowl and mix in; lime juice, vinegar, crushed garlic, 2 tbs olive oil and season with ground cumin, salt and pepper.
- Taste the dressing then balance accordingly using any of the previous ingredients.
- Mix well first then gently fold in the fried aubergine slices.
- Garnish with ground cumin and olive oil.
Watch the instructional video on our new YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7AYWy7Rerw