- 1-2 beetroots
- 1 lime – juiced
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- Boil 2 beetroots for approx. 30mins until soft and cooked throughout. Remove from the boiling water, allow to cool slightly then carefully peel and cut the boiled beetroot into circle slices
- Prepare a marinade of lime juice, salt, vinegar, crushed garlic and olive oil.
- Leave in the beetroot in the marinade for 1 hour before serving.
- Instead of boiling the beetroot, barbecuing or roasting for 20-30mins gives a sweeter, earthy flavor.
- Add spicy peanut dip to the cooked beetroot for a variation of the beetroot salad.
Spicy peanut dip summary: Mix peanut butter, little water, lime juice, chilli powder and salt. Taste and balance.
Optional: 1-2 crushed garlic clove, 1-2 tablespoon yoghurt