- 6-8 tablespoons peanut butter/cooking peanut paste
- 2 tomatoes – diced
- 1 red onion – finely chopped
- 1 green pepper – diced
- salt and pepper – to taste
- 1 tablespoon malt vinegar
- 3-4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime – juiced
- Add smooth or crunchy peanut butter to a bowl.
- Add 100ml of water, leave to soak for a minute then mix into a smooth paste.
- Add: diced tomato along with its water, green pepper, red onion, malt vinegar, olive oil, lime juice from half to a whole lime depending on taste, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix until even, taste the salad and re-add any of the previous ingredients to balance the taste and consistency before serving.
- Sesame oil is more authentic than olive oil
- Spring onion can be used instead of a red onion for a milder onion flavor
- Carrot can be included into the salad for a sweeter taste.
- Cooking peanut paste can be used instead of peanut butter
- Add lime juice from half a lime first then add the rest if needed.
- Adding more water and/or peanut butter to help bulk out the sauce if you need to cancel out the tanginess of the lime.
- Complements fried meats and oven cooked dishes.
Watch the instructional video on our new YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-ysKeC_6SU