- 1kg plain flour
- 1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 500ml-800ml water
- In a large bowl mix together: flour, salt and water. Mix and knead into a dough ball into the consistency of bread dough.
- In a separate smaller bowl mix together: yeast, sugar and 200-300ml water and allow the yeast to rise.
- Pour the yeast into the dough and mix together allowing as much air as possible to enter the dough ball as you mix them.
- Make individual circular shaped breads and flatten to a thickness of 2-3cm.
- Lightly coat the breads with oil on both sides then place in the oven at 180’C for approx. 30mins or until risen and golden-brown.
- Wholemeal flour can be used instead of or mixed with plain flour
- Put oil on the palm side of the hands while make the dough balls instead of coating them separately.
- After flattening the individual dough pieces, add wheat grain coat on the bottom side before placing in the oven to stop it sticking
- Nigella seeds can be added to the dough for an aromatic flavor.