- 3-4 tablespoon sesame seed paste
- 1 lime – juiced
- 1 teaspoon malt vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 1 tablespoon Greek style yoghurt
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2-3 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper – to taste
- Add sesame seed paste to a small bowl, add 50ml water and mix into a smooth paste.
- Add lime juice, vinegar, crushed garlic, yoghurt, olive oil, ground cumin and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Mix well then taste and balance the flavours accordingly.
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise added to the mixture for a creamier taste.
- Sesame oil can be used instead of olive oil for a nuttier taste
- White ground pepper used instead of black pepper to give a more uniform colour.
- More water may be needed for consistency and/or to balance out the lime juice added.
- This dip is a suitable accompaniment for fried fish and lamb dishes.