- 500-750g Greek style yoghurt,
- 250-500g Sudanese feta cheese – crumbled loosely
- 2 tablespoons nigella seeds,
- 2-3 teaspoons salt – to taste
- 2-3 garlic cloves – lightly crushed yet still intact
- 2 green chillies – finely chopped
- To a mixing bowl add: Greek style yoghurt, lightly crushed garlic cloves, chopped green chillies, nigella seeds and salt to taste. Mix then gradually fold in Sudanese feta cheese.
- Mix well but leave chunks of cheese in the yoghurt.
- Cover and leave at room temperature for 2-3 hours before serving to allow the ingredients to fuse together.
- The following ingredient can be added to the dip: 1 tablespoon fenugreek seeds, 1 tablespoon whole cumin seeds, 1 tablespoon whole coriander seeds, 1 tablespoon dried oregano, 1 tablespoon dried red chilli flakes / chilli powder
- Sudanese stringy cheese – jibna madafara, can be used instead of Sudanese feta cheese
- Olive oil, fresh oregano or fresh coriander as garnish
- To make mish with slightly milder chilli heat, simply slash along the length of the green chillies while keeping them intact and place them directly into the yoghurt to enjoy a subtle hint of chilli.