- 2L soup base – read the recipe
- 2 carrot – diced
- 4 potatoes – diced
- 1-2 celery stick – diced
- 1 courgette – diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves – crushed
- salt and pepper – to taste
- 1 lime – juiced
- To the soup base on medium heat add diced; carrot, potato, celery and courgette and stir.
- Place on a low-medium heat and cover for 20mins.
- Season with salt and pepper, and flavor with crushed garlic and lime juice. Taste and balance the flavours accordingly with any of the previous ingredients.
- Serve in with a slice of lime and some bread.
- Use only vegetables to make a vegetarian soup
- Hand blend the cooked vegetables to make a smooth soup.
- 2 tablespoons flour and 200g yoghurt mixed together and added at the end of the recipe
- 100-200g oats or dry noodles added 5-10mins before serving
- 1 knob of fresh ginger grated into the soup. Ground ginger and ground cinnamon also go well in this soup.
- Other vegetables options: pumpkin, sweet potato, yams, parsnip, green haricot beans or other bean varieties
- If blending the vegetables and considering making a creamy soup, use single cream to keep the consistency thin and use a white sauce for a thicker consistency