Peanut butter, lime and salad vegetables fused together into a sweet, tangy and nutty summer salad
- 3 to 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 75 to 100ml ml water
- 2 to 3 tomatoes – diced
- 1 green pepper – diced
- ½ red onion – diced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 limes – juiced
- salt – to taste
Add smooth or crunchy peanut butter to a bowl. Add water and leave to soak for a couple of minutes then mix into a thick paste.
Add: diced tomato along with its juice, green pepper, red onion, malt vinegar, sesame oil, lime juice from one two limes depending on taste, and season with salt to taste.
Mix until even, taste and re-add any of the previous ingredients to balance the taste and consistency before serving. Garnish with the remaining sesame oil.
- Spring onion instead of red onion for a milder onion flavor
- 100g cucumber, peeled and diced, adds freshness.
- 1 tablespoon malt vinegar adds to the tanginess
- 100g chopped lettuce, purslane, or fresh coriander
- Source peanut butter which contains no added sugar and ideally 100% peanuts